Our mission is to provide the programs and services needed to eliminate the killing of at-risk animals due to lack of space, adopter or foster.
About San Antonio Pets Alive!
San Antonio Pets Alive! is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Due to alarming euthanasia rates, San Antonio Pets Alive! (SAPA!) was founded in 2012. SAPA! is unique—it is the only high paced, high-volume rescue in San Antonio, saving 6,000 at-risk cats and dogs annually.
Since its inception, SAPA! has saved more than 47,000 dogs and cats. SAPA! provides safety nets for the dogs and cats that fall through the cracks of all other lifesaving options and end up on the euthanasia lists, often with just hours to be saved. SAPA! promotes the availability of these dogs and cats to other rescues, adopters and fosters.
San Antonio Pets Alive! by the Numbers:
- Has saved more than 47,000 lives since its inception in 2012
- Rescues around 6,000 animals from euthanasia every year
- Transports more than 1,000 to new lives annually
- Gives a second change to more than 500 puppies suffering from Parvovirus each year
- Saves 1,000 orphaned kittens through its neonatal program each year
- SAPA! took in 4,237 dogs and 1,346 cats.
- SAPA! adopted out 2,000 dogs and 1,085 cats.
- SAPA!'s live release rate was 93%.