PARTNER WITH SAN ANTONIO PETS ALIVE
Hello Rescues! We welcome other 501c3 rescues to Partner with us to save lives from the city shelter. If you see any urgent animals you would like to help, or have any questions regarding rescue partnership, please email email@example.com
More about partnering
If you partner with SAPA! to save animals on the euthanasia list we do provide the following and there is no pull fee:
PROVISIONS FOR RESCUE PARTNERS- SERVICES INCLUDED IN YOUR PULL
- HW test on dogs 6 months or older – Exception: dogs that are fractious may not be tested to avoid any risk of injuries to SAPA! Staff. *SEE THE APPLICATION CONTRACT & POLICIES, behavioral evaluations section.
- Observed temperament and basic medical information – Diagnostic abilities are limited at SAPA!/ACS. Medical treatments are limited to basic triage until rescue can take to your private veterinarian for a more thorough evaluation.
- Microchip – Paperwork for chip registration will be sent with pick-up, bundled with other hard-copy paperwork. Exception: Dogs that are fractious may not be microchipped to avoid any risk of injuries to SAPA! staff.
*SEE THE APPLICATION CONTRACT & POLICIES, behavioral evaluations section.
- Vaccinations (BORD\ADEN\PAR\DHPP\RABIES) – Vaccines given are age-appropriate, boosters etc., must be continued at your private vet.
- Preventatives are brought current (flea/tick/heartworm/de-wormer) – You may follow up with your private vet for continuation of HW preventative and de-worming. Exception: SAPA! staff may not be able to safely administer these preventatives, they may be sent with the pick-up for rescue to administer. *SEE THE APPLICATION CONTRACT & POLICIES, behavioral evaluations section.
- Spay/Neuter – Exceptions: if the dog is denied surgery by the shelter veterinarian due to, space limitations, illness, age or physical condition, then dog may leave with a surgery waiver and you may have altered at your private vet, you may also schedule surgery at ACS/151 as space is available. *SEE THE APPLICATION CONTRACT & POLICIES, surgery section.
If you would like to become a SAPA! Rescue Partner, please complete the application though the link, https://app.hellosign.com/s/IXi30Bfv .
Then please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- A vet letter of reference
- Your adoption and foster contract/applications.
- Your 501c3 approval letter
Animals that are available for Rescue Partners can be found on our Facebook Page, in the album, Today's Urgent Dogs @ The 151/ACS Campus In San Antonio, TX!
IMPORTANT RESCUE CONTACTS WITHIN SAPA!
- Animal Inquiries
- Copies of paperwork
- Questions Regarding Current or Previous Pulls
- Proofs of Spay & Neuters for Animals That Left with Surgery Waivers
- Reporting Distemper Cases
- Scheduling spay/neuters to be done at ACS/151