ADOPT A PET
When you adopt a pet from a shelter or other rescue organization, you save a life.
When you adopt from San Antonio Pets Alive! you open up a kennel for another dog or cat.
*** UPDATE! Due to COVID-19, all locations are appointment only. To meet a dog or cat at one of our locations, please schedule an appointment.
- To schedule an appointment at Building One @ Animal Care Services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To schedule an appointment at our Medical Clinic, please email email@example.com.
- To schedule an appointment at our Petco Foundation Adoption Center, please fill out this form.
Adoption Application Disclaimer: Filling out the adoption application does NOT guarantee a hold or confirmation of adoption on the pet you applied for. All applications are reviewed and must be accepted by our trained counselors before a pet is adopted. Please allow 24-48 hours for our adoption team to contact you in regards to your application.
- $175 (+tax) puppies, 5 months and under
- $75 (+tax) dogs, 6 months and up
- $75 (+tax) kittens, 5 months and under
- $45 (+tax) cats, 6 months and up
- $25 (+tax) urgent dogs (dogs on euthanasia list)
Each SAPA! pet adopted includes:
- Spay / Neuter surgery
- Up-to-date on vaccinations
- Up-to-date on heartworm and flea preventatives
Our adoption goals:
- To find responsible individuals to adopt
- To raise awareness on the importance of adopting and not shopping
- To decrease euthanasia rates in shelters
- To raise awareness about the importance of spay/neuter for pet population control
- You must spend at least 30 minutes with the dog or cat you want to adopt
- You must fill out our application and meet with an adoption counselor
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must show a picture ID with your current address. If this isn’t available, we will accept a picture ID with a current utility bill
- A SAPA! conducted “meet and greet” with current household dogs or cats is generally recommended for all adult dogs